Friday, May 27, 2011

PMS

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) (also called PMT or premenstrual tension) is a collection of physical and emotional symptoms related to a woman's menstrual cycle. While most women of child-bearing age (up to 85%) report having experienced physical symptoms related to normal ovulatory function, such as bloating or breast tenderness, medical definitions of PMS are limited to a consistent pattern of emotional and physical symptoms occurring only during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle that are of "sufficient severity to interfere with some aspects of life".[1] In particular, emotional symptoms must be present consistently to diagnose PMS. The specific emotional and physical symptoms attributable to PMS vary from woman to woman, but each individual woman's pattern of symptoms is predictable, occurs consistently during the ten days prior to menses, and vanishes either shortly before or shortly after the start of menstrual flow.

Symptoms;-

More than 200 different symptoms have been associated with PMS, but the three most prominent symptoms are irritability, tension, and dysphoria (unhappiness).[1] Common emotional and non-specific symptoms include stress, anxiety, difficulty in falling asleep (insomnia), headache, fatigue, mood swings, increased emotional sensitivity, and changes in libido.[3] Formal definitions absolutely require the presence of emotional symptoms as the chief complaint; the presence of exclusively physical symptoms associated with the menstrual cycle, such as bloating, abdominal cramps, constipation, swelling or tenderness in the breasts, cyclic acne, and joint or muscle pain—no matter how disruptive these physical symptoms are—is not considered PMS.

Source from : Wikipedia

…….
I am writing about this PMS due to this is 99% correct for my self. I want that my spouse understand us well about these signs. Hence, he always forgot about this almost of the time, actually I am not the perfect person who can manage my feeling ( acting like an adult -"always" ), and I am not the one who can keep my anger feeling whenever I dislike them.

As the symptoms said:

"Irritability"
I am not that much irritated for this sign coming in, but I do when we have a little argue with my hubby.. Then I can become annoying to tell so many stories out of our point of view on the previous argue.. uff.

"Tension"
I am with this feeling a lot.. Anything become wrong in the house which actually for normal time, I am not bothering with them at all..

"Dysphoria"
I am the one who like to feel unhappy for uncertain reason. I hate this feeling and have been trying to make it disappear with reading books, listening music, being busy wih works. But sometimes I really give up with it. But I think with reading status from friends at FB, playing some games and chatting with friends will make it better.. hmm

Actually I prefer to call my hubby at his work and talking for nothing, He doesn’t like it, he will think it is not the right time. I believe that he thinks that I will try to pursue him for buying something which is not really urgent to own it.. ( hmm wrong perception ).

"Stress & Anxiety"
Most of the women easy for being stress and you can notify it from her surface, and I read from some sources, woman is easy to get stress even it caused only by simple thing. Stress can come anytime, i.e. basically we intend to be stressed when pocket is empty, nothing for shopping, don’t think this is a freaky, but I think woman like to go shopping when she is in not comfortable emotion.

“Difficulty in falling asleep (insomnia), headache, fatigue, mood swings, increased emotional sensitivity, and changes in libido.[3] Formal definitions absolutely require the presence of emotional symptoms as the chief complaint; the presence of exclusively physical symptoms associated with the menstrual cycle, such as bloating, abdominal cramps, constipation, swelling or tenderness in the breasts, cyclic acne, and joint or muscle pain “

#These above symptoms are absolutely correct for my self, but I realize that I don’t want to be involved much and depend on those feelings and signs, just walking it away and we can pass them smoothly.





No comments:

Post a Comment